California Sun Dried Raisins The Raisins That Climbed Mt. Everest!
A Fat Free Cholesterol Free Food. Ingredient: California Sun Dried Raisins. See Pack for complete Nutrition Facts. Net Wt. 32oz. (2LB) 907g. Boghosian Raisins. When attacking a mountain like Everest or K2, every part of my planning and preparation must be correct. That includes the food I bring. Boghosian Raisins have been in my rations on all of my expeditions. Why?...because I need food that is high in carbohydrates...a food that packs and travels well...even more important, a food that tastes great. Believe me, when I'm clinging to rocks at 26,000 feet and have been away from home-cooking for 2 months, munching on sweet, chewy Boghosian Raisins can be a real treat. I've taken raisins with me throughout the Himalayas and on expeditions to all seven continents. I've learned to carry only what I need...and what I enjoy. Boghosian Raisins continue to be in my food bags.
Great Ways to USE Raisins:
1. Bake them - in applesauce, spice or carrot cake; peanut butter, oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies or brownies.
2. Stir them - into yogurt: custard; rice, tapioca or puddings.
3. Sandwich them - with peanut butter and orange marmalade between bread; or mix into turkey or chicken salad.
4. Sprinkle them - on cold cereal, or with chopped nuts on ice cream.
5. Toss them - into coleslaw, carrot, three bean or Waldorf salads.
6. Knead them - into the dough of white, whole wheat or rye bread, bagels or rolls.
7. Mold them - into fruit salads and gelatin desserts.
8. Spoon them - into a sweet-sour sauce over ham, poultry or vegetables such as carrots or sweet potatoes.
Phil Ershler Professional Guide.